1. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?: Yes.
2. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?: Shock and joy.
3. HOW OLD WERE YOU?: 25
4. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?: Gene and I had been hanging out until late at my parents' house with some friends. Right before we left to go back to Burlingame I went to the bathroom to pee, and when I sat down I opened the little cabinet in front of the toilet I noticed a pregnancy test inside. So I decided to use it, just for the heck of it, because I thought I was going to get my period any day, but it was late.
5. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?: Gene was waiting in the room outside the bathroom so that we could go home. I asked him to come look at something. I showed him the stick and I said "Does it look like there's another line?" He agreed that there was, and then he said, "What the f_?!" He was surprised (but we were trying).
6. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?: Yes. I think it's sort of silly not to.
7. WHAT WAS YOUR DUE DATE?: Based on my period it was March 29, but based on the first ultrasound it was March 24, and that is also more in line with when I believe it would have been based on my cycle.
8.DID YOU DELIVER EARLY OR LATE?: Labor started at around midnight on March 24, but Derek wasn't born until March 26, so according to my calculations he was late. According to the hospital he was 3 days early.
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?: Yup, up until at least five months. I threw up many times at my office. I'd usually get sick on the car ride to work every morning and have to hold back the urge to vomit once I arrived at work.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?: I don't think I craved anything, really. There were things that really grossed me out, though, that normally don't. Up until the very end of the pregnancy I found beef to be incredibly disgusting.
11. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?: My boss, haha. People at my office.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILDS SEX?: Male.
13. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?: (gasp) 54
14. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?: Yes. We had to have weekly ultrasounds to look at Derek's left lung. Also, after I went into labor they thought I was developing pre-eclampsia because my blood pressure was high.
15. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?: Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford.
16. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?: I'm not really sure. I was in labor from about midnight on March 24 until Derek was born at 6:34 p.m. on March 26.
17. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?: Gene.
18. WHO WATCHED?: Gene, the nurse, the doctor and whatever other random medical personnel were in the room.
19.WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?: natural
20. DID YOU TAKE MEDS TO GET RID OF THE PAIN?: Yes. My blood pressure was getting worse because of the head-exploding pain of contractions with pitocin, so I got an epidural. It was lovely.
21.HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?: 9 lb 11 oz.
22.DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS?: He was examined by a neo-natal team at birth and scored well on his apgar. He was breathing perfectly. However, he does still have the thing with his lung.
23.WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?: Derek Oliver Warren
24. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?: 5 months 1 week